Black Monday could be a massacre this year

JeffreyMiller

Re: Black Monday could be a massacre this year

Post by JeffreyMiller »

7DnBrnc53 wrote:
I'll agree that Brady wasn't elite until he got a bit older, but even in his non elite years he did come up huge in many playoffs spots where it was all on him. He was always good to very good, and never cost his team
In 01, he kind of did in the Tuck Rule game, but that game should have been over (with the Raiders winning). And, while he did lead them to the game winning drive in SB 36, J.R. Redmond made the biggest play when he was able to get out of bounds. He also missed a wide open WR in the second half at some point on third down.

And, in the other two years, he really wasn't that clutch in the postseason. In 03, he almost threw four INT's in the AFC Title Game, and he threw a key INT in the fourth quarter of SB 38 in the end zone with NE up 21-10 that got the Panthers back in it. Then, in 04, Dillon (in the AFC Divisional Round) and the defense (forcing key turnovers) carried them to another SB victory.
This Brady hating is getting old. I read enough of it on Facebook. If you don't like him, you don't like him. Next.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

JeffreyMiller wrote:
7DnBrnc53 wrote:
I'll agree that Brady wasn't elite until he got a bit older, but even in his non elite years he did come up huge in many playoffs spots where it was all on him. He was always good to very good, and never cost his team
In 01, he kind of did in the Tuck Rule game, but that game should have been over (with the Raiders winning). And, while he did lead them to the game winning drive in SB 36, J.R. Redmond made the biggest play when he was able to get out of bounds. He also missed a wide open WR in the second half at some point on third down.

And, in the other two years, he really wasn't that clutch in the postseason. In 03, he almost threw four INT's in the AFC Title Game, and he threw a key INT in the fourth quarter of SB 38 in the end zone with NE up 21-10 that got the Panthers back in it. Then, in 04, Dillon (in the AFC Divisional Round) and the defense (forcing key turnovers) carried them to another SB victory.
This Brady hating is getting old. I read enough of it on Facebook. If you don't like him, you don't like him. Next.
I agree. This reminds of the guy who had the website claiming that Michael Jordan wasn't one of the best 50 players in NBA history :D
7DnBrnc53

Post by 7DnBrnc53 »

Where did I say that I hated Brady? I just put out facts. NE fans and Brady lovers don't seem to like those.
I agree. This reminds of the guy who had the website claiming that Michael Jordan wasn't one of the best 50 players in NBA history :D
Are you thinking of Air Judden? That was on one of his sites where he used a formula called power points or something. With that formula, MJ didn't rank among the 50 best(although, he did rank high in ballhog points).
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

7DnBrnc53 wrote:
Where did I say that I hated Brady? I just put out facts. NE fans and Brady lovers don't seem to like those.
Are you thinking of Air Judden? That was on one of his sites where he used a formula called power points or something. With that formula, MJ didn't rank among the 50 best(although, he did rank high in ballhog points).
Well, Jeff is a Buffalo fan and I'm a Packer fan. I can't speak for Jeff, but I certainly can't be called a Brady-lover. However, I've seen a lot of him because I live in New England and I am a Brady-respecter. I think he's much, much better than you give him credit for.

I have no idea who the anti-Jordan guy was. His name isn't worth remembering, except maybe to avoid him :D
7DnBrnc53

Post by 7DnBrnc53 »

I think he's much, much better than you give him credit for.
The facts don't back that up.
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

rhickok1109 wrote:I have no idea who the anti-Jordan guy was. His name isn't worth remembering, except maybe to avoid him :D
Like the anonymous former baseball player who was part of some collective poll on a variety of topics. His answer for a player who didn't live up to his potential? Hank Aaron. :roll:
JeffreyMiller

Post by JeffreyMiller »

7DnBrnc53 wrote:
What facts? You named a bunch of guys who made plays or INT he threw at inopportune times. I could do the same with Otto Graham, John Unitas, even John Elway. They all were winners because they had help from people around them. If Johnny U was judged solely on his performance in the 1964 title game, no one would ever mention him as one of the greats. And if Joe Montana didn't have Bill Walsh, Jerry Rice and Roger Craig, where would he rank in the conversation?

Revisionist history with an agenda … I can manipulate stats and little snippets of history to tell a narrative, but it doesn't always make for an accurate telling of the whole truth. Brady may not be the GOAT, but you obviously have a purpose for feeling the way you do. I'll take the Super Bowls and leave you to your excuse making ...
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

JeffreyMiller wrote:
7DnBrnc53 wrote:
What facts? You named a bunch of guys who made plays or INT he threw at inopportune times. I could do the same with Otto Graham, John Unitas, even John Elway. They all were winners because they had help from people around them. If Johnny U was judged solely on his performance in the 1964 title game, no one would ever mention him as one of the greats. And if Joe Montana didn't have Bill Walsh, Jerry Rice and Roger Craig, where would he rank in the conversation?

Revisionist history with an agenda … I can manipulate stats and little snippets of history to tell a narrative, but it doesn't always make for an accurate telling of the whole truth. Brady may not be the GOAT, but you obviously have a purpose for feeling the way you do. I'll take the Super Bowls and leave you to your excuse making ...
I've mentioned a few times before that the day before Super Bowl 32, Elway was on the verge of being relegated into the Tarkenton/Kelly category of guys who always lost in the Super Bowl. 366 days later, he was suddenly a legendary icon for closing out his career with two SB titles.