2023 season, Week 10 review

racepug

2023 season, Week 10 review

Post by racepug »

First of all, after tonight's game, 6 games this week were decided with last-second FGs which I believe is a league record!

CHI beat one-win CAR last Thursday in a game matching teams that came in with a combined 3 - 14 record, so, not a great match-up (but at least the game was close).

Indy beat the Patriots in Frankfurt, GER in a game that featured only 1 TD. I heard right before the game that Bob Kraft lobbied for a decade for that game (I guess that meant: for his team to play a league game overseas) and that he very badly wanted to go home with a "W." Well, thanks to a couple of late INTs thrown by his QBs he didn't and his team is now on a bye so we'll find out what, if anything, happens before N.E.'s next game (personally, I don't think that Robert Kraft fires a 6x S.B. winning H.C. mid-season. But I do think that B.B. is probably on a "shorter leash" in N.E. than he ever has been before).

HOU continues its resurgence under new H.C. (and former player) DeMeco Ryans with a nice win over the Bengals in Cincinnati (in the first game of the week that ended on a "walk off" FG), ending the Bengals' 4-game win streak and leaving each team at 5 - 4 on the season.

The 49ers, coming in off of a bye and 3 straight losses, hammered A.F.C. South-leading JAX and looked like the "early season S.B. contending" 49ers while doing so.

MIN continued to recover from its 1 - 4 start with a win over 'N'awlins,' the Vikings' 5th straight win.

The 'Stillers' held on for a 23 - 19 win over the suddenly not-so-great Packers; the Packers' last win in Pittsburgh? December 1970 with Bart Starr at QB.

The Browns hung tough after falling behind by a considerable margin and handed the Ravens their 3rd loss of the season (in the 2nd game of the week that was won with a last-second FG), avenging the loss earlier in the season to the Ravens in Cleveland.

The Cardinals won their game (only their 2nd win of the season) on a last-second FG over ATL in Kyler Murray's return to the lineup after being out for a year.

DET beat the LAC at SoFi Stadium on a - you guessed it! - last-second FG. The Lions remain in first place in the N.F.C. North but the Vikings are putting/keeping the pressure on.

The Seahawks won for only the 2nd time in 9 all time regular season meetings against WAS in Seattle in yet another game that ended with a last-second FG (meaning that 3 of the 4 afternoon games [late afternoon/evening if you're on the east coast] ended in that manner).

In a game that definitely did not need a last-second FG to decide it, the N.F.C. entry based in TX completed a season sweep of their division rivals from N.Y., outscoring them by a combined 89 - 17(!) in the process.

The Raiders, seemingly with a weight lifted off their shoulders after the firing of H.C. Josh McDaniels, beat the NYJ in Las Vegas (with some help from some poor plays late in the game by Jets starting QB Zach Wilson).

And tonight, DEN went to upstate N.Y. and beat the BUF Bills with a - yup! - "walk off" FG. That's DEN's 3rd straight win while with the loss BUF drops to 5 - 5 on the season and with a tough schedule ahead the Bills now look like a team that might not even make the playoffs, let alone a S.B. appearance.
Brian wolf

Re: 2023 season, Week 10 review

Post by Brian wolf »

McDermott better hope he doesnt lose his job after firing Dorsey.
The team may have peaked with him. Who would replace him?