Correction to PFRA article

oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

NOTE: CRITICAL comment by Ken Crippen re Coffin Corner / PFRA Articles (See Post #3)

ARCHIVE

Started by Moran, Sep 18 2014 01:46 PM

2 replies to this topic

#1 Moran
PFRA Member
Posted 18 September 2014 - 01:46 PM
I noticed that in the article Steamrollered 1928 there was this paragraph - I wonder if it could be corrected?

The Other Contenders
Meanwhile, the 1927 champion Giants struggled through October
to a 3-2 record. They got as far as 4-1-2 in early November, then
nosedived to five straight losses. The Giants' problems were many.
"Hinkey" Haines retired and his replacement, former Yale star
Bruce Campbell fell flat

I believe that should read Bruce Caldwell, not Campbell

#2 Mark L. Ford
Administrators
Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:58 AM
My first instinct was to say "stop the presses" on the latest issue, which got sent to the printers at the same time that it was posted at the M.O. section. The Steamroller article, though, was from nearly five years ago. I appreciate the observation of the error, with regrets that it will likely stay there, depending how the old pdfs were saved. I sometimes wish that we did have a means of doing a George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four system where we could correct doubleplusungood typos or factual mistakes in past issues. One of the ones I remember from 2000 was when I referred to the AAFC, and the typist published it as the "MFC".

#3 Ken Crippen
Administrator

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:43 AM
Mark L. Ford, on 19 Sept 2014 - 08:58 AM, said:
My first instinct was to say "stop the presses" on the latest issue, which got sent to the printers at the same time that it was posted at the M.O. section. The Steamroller article, though, was from nearly five years ago. I appreciate the observation of the error, with regrets that it will likely stay there, depending how the old pdfs were saved. I sometimes wish that we did have a means of doing a George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four system where we could correct doubleplusungood typos or factual mistakes in past issues. One of the ones I remember from 2000 was when I referred to the AAFC, and the typist published it as the "MFC".

All of the CC articles (at least up to the time it was turned over to Mark Durr. I am not sure how he does things.) are in Word format in the archives. Changes can be made at any time.
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister