NFL films on dvd?

Wendell02

NFL films on dvd?

Post by Wendell02 »

I have been unable to find any films on dvd. I have 75 Seasons, 100 Toughest Players, some follies tapes, etc., but they are all vhs. Do they just not exist?
JeffreyMiller

Re: NFL films on dvd?

Post by JeffreyMiller »

They're out there. Is there something specific you are seeking?
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

Wendell02 wrote:I have been unable to find any films on dvd. I have 75 Seasons, 100 Toughest Players, some follies tapes, etc., but they are all vhs. Do they just not exist?
I have the America's Game I-XL box set on DVD; still waiting for XLI-50. I've also got the Legends of Autumn set, the Super Bowl collection, and the Steelers team history set. They've got historical box sets for about half of the teams in the league. Your best bet to see what is available is to go to the Ebay or the Amazon and search for "NFL Films DVD" and see what comes up.

With that being said, I wish more of their stuff was available, and with today's streaming technology, NFL Films should be able to set up a subscription service where you pay a nominal fee per month or year and a user can stream from anything in their archives. Or, make some of their archives available but change it out periodically and be constantly adding new items, much in the way Netflix does.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
Wendell02

Post by Wendell02 »

Thanks gentlemen. I've checked eBay and Amazon, but they were all vhs format. I'll keep looking. I assume their are places that can convert them.
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

Rupert Patrick wrote:
Wendell02 wrote:I have been unable to find any films on dvd. I have 75 Seasons, 100 Toughest Players, some follies tapes, etc., but they are all vhs. Do they just not exist?
I have the America's Game I-XL box set on DVD; still waiting for XLI-50. I've also got the Legends of Autumn set, the Super Bowl collection, and the Steelers team history set. They've got historical box sets for about half of the teams in the league. Your best bet to see what is available is to go to the Ebay or the Amazon and search for "NFL Films DVD" and see what comes up.

With that being said, I wish more of their stuff was available, and with today's streaming technology, NFL Films should be able to set up a subscription service where you pay a nominal fee per month or year and a user can stream from anything in their archives. Or, make some of their archives available but change it out periodically and be constantly adding new items, much in the way Netflix does.
There is one REAL NFL Films music fan who has searched and found many of the compositions used in the highlights. It amazed me how he did it: when NFL Films brought their 10 CDs Autumn Thunder and the other CD named The Power and the Glory, many fans (including myself) complained that many well known pieces were still missing (including many by Sam Spence, who was their main composer for more than 20 years), and for the past few years many have resurfaced, in fact, NFL Films brought many of them in the App Store and I have downloaded some of them into my cell phone.
Wendell02

Post by Wendell02 »

JeffreyMiller wrote:They're out there. Is there something specific you are seeking?
Nothing specific. Just seeing if what I have is available in dvd.
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

Wendell02 wrote:Thanks gentlemen. I've checked eBay and Amazon, but they were all vhs format. I'll keep looking. I assume their are places that can convert them.
Did you specify DVD in the search?
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

Teo wrote:
Rupert Patrick wrote:

There is one REAL NFL Films music fan who has searched and found many of the compositions used in the highlights. It amazed me how he did it: when NFL Films brought their 10 CDs Autumn Thunder and the other CD named The Power and the Glory, many fans (including myself) complained that many well known pieces were still missing (including many by Sam Spence, who was their main composer for more than 20 years), and for the past few years many have resurfaced, in fact, NFL Films brought many of them in the App Store and I have downloaded some of them into my cell phone.
NFL Films released a bunch of 35 albums or thereabouts in the 70's and 80's with a bunch of music on them. I have them, but many of them have music on them that was never played on NFL Films.
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

Wendell02 wrote:Thanks gentlemen. I've checked eBay and Amazon, but they were all vhs format. I'll keep looking. I assume their are places that can convert them.
Did you specify NFL FILMS DVD and not just NFL FILMS? The America's Game set was never released on VHS.
Wendell02

Post by Wendell02 »

Rupert Patrick wrote:
Did you specify NFL FILMS DVD and not just NFL FILMS? The America's Game set was never released on VHS.
I did later this afternoon and was much more successful. I found more, and more variety, on eBay than Amazon. Unfortunately I didn't find my favorite, 75 Seasons, on dvd.