2023 Hall of Very Good Election Results

JuggernautJ

2023 Hall of Very Good Election Results

Post by JuggernautJ »

Based on the recent vote of the PFRA membership, John David Crow, Michael Dean Perry, Ray Childress, Coy Bacon, Nick Lowery, Leon Gray, Buck Shaw,
Earl Faison and Jeff Van Note have been elected to the Hall of Very Good. A total of 181 PFRA members submitted ballots, the highest total ever, and the threshold for election was 100 votes, up to a maximum of ten electees.

Here are the vote totals for the 20 finalists:
John David Crow 115
Michael Dean Perry 110
Ray Childress 109
Coy Bacon 107
Nick Lowery 104
Leon Gray 103
Buck Shaw 103
Earl Faison 102
Jeff Van Note 101

Marvin Powell 97
Steve Tasker 97
Houston Antwine 93
Les Bingaman 90
Russ Washington 88
Herschel Walker 87
George Christensen 78
Buster Ramsey 77
Peggy Parratt 54
Buckets Goldenberg 53
Alyn Beals 42
Brian wolf

Re: 2023 Hall of Very Good Election Results

Post by Brian wolf »

Congratulations to the Inductees!

Feel good for the silver fox, Buck Shaw, who should also be in the HOF ... really believed Christensen would make it this year. Powell and Washington should have their chance soon ...
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Only 9 votes separating 8 of the inductees this year is pretty amazing. Just goes to show how many worthy candidates there are.
JameisBrownston

Post by JameisBrownston »

Love to see this many votes! If only we could get that many people nominating. Surprised Walker and Tasker didn't make it on their first try; Christensen is less surprising since he's been trying for some time. I think he has a problem of low name recognition.

Yes, there is definitely too big a backlog. When is the 25th anniversary class? Might want to do a super-ballot for that.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

The voters spoke on tough division and position rivals, Perry and Childress and you have to wonder what their careers would have been like had they switched teams? Childress would have played longer away from the literal, House Of Pain, I believe.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

I just went to our website to take a look at our entire list of HOVG inductees. The link to see the HOVG is alllllllll the waaaaaaaay down at the bottom. After months and months of updates. The Hall of Very Good, being one of the features of our organization, I think ought to be featured a little more prominently on our website. I wonder if whoever is in charge of our web design could bring that to the top, and/or better yet include it as a selection in the menu on the upper right. (The three white lines). Just a suggestion.
sluggermatt15

Post by sluggermatt15 »

ChrisBabcock wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:34 pm I just went to our website to take a look at our entire list of HOVG inductees. The link to see the HOVG is alllllllll the waaaaaaaay down at the bottom. After months and months of updates. The Hall of Very Good, being one of the features of our organization, I think ought to be featured a little more prominently on our website. I wonder if whoever is in charge of our web design could bring that to the top, and/or better yet include it as a selection in the menu on the upper right. (The three white lines). Just a suggestion.
That's not true.

On the main page of the PFRA website, there is a picture of the PFRA logo and "HALL OF VERY GOOD" on the right side of the page. You don't even have to scroll down to it. Click on that link and it takes you to all the inductees.

https://www.profootballresearchers.com/
sluggermatt15

Post by sluggermatt15 »

JameisSaintston wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:57 pm Love to see this many votes! If only we could get that many people nominating. Surprised Walker and Tasker didn't make it on their first try; Christensen is less surprising since he's been trying for some time. I think he has a problem of low name recognition.

Yes, there is definitely too big a backlog. When is the 25th anniversary class? Might want to do a super-ballot for that.
Not going to happen. Sorry.
JameisBrownston

Post by JameisBrownston »

I also think the HOVG needs to be made sortable, the way the HOF is on PFR. By position, year inducted, etc.
rewing84

Post by rewing84 »

sluggermatt15 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:00 pm
JameisSaintston wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:57 pm Love to see this many votes! If only we could get that many people nominating. Surprised Walker and Tasker didn't make it on their first try; Christensen is less surprising since he's been trying for some time. I think he has a problem of low name recognition.

Not going to happen. Sorry.
id love to know the reasoning behind that