Have we hit rock bottom with NFL uniforms?

oldecapecod11

Re: Have we hit rock bottom with NFL uniforms?

Post by oldecapecod11 »

Have we hit rock bottom with NFL uniforms?
by rhickok1109 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:44 pm
"I don't think we will have hit rock bottom until Nike finds a way to screw up the Packer uniforms. And, believe me, Nike can do it if given the chance."

I believe it is the franchise that must submit the request for change - not the manufacturer.
If so, thereby lies the power of the stalemate.
It would be interesting to see the contract between the goddess of victory and the no-fun people
and see if it states that free unifroms will be provided or can be provided. If it is can be, certainly some clubs
will opt not to sell out for the sake of a few thousand bucks in an era when increasing the price of a cup of hot chocolate
by a dime would cover the expense.
What was that tune? Green, green everywhere...?
Last edited by oldecapecod11 on Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister

Post by 3243 »

rhickok1109 wrote:I don't think we will have hit rock bottom until Nike finds a way to screw up the Packer uniforms. And, believe me, Nike can do it if given the chance.
And the Raiders' uniforms.

And the Bears' uniforms.

And the Chiefs' uniforms.

And the Steelers' uniforms.

And the Colts' uniforms.

And the Cowboys' uniforms.

And the Browns' uniforms. (Oh wait, they're already at work on that.)
Citizen

Post by Citizen »

rhickok1109 wrote:I don't think we will have hit rock bottom until Nike finds a way to screw up the Packer uniforms. And, believe me, Nike can do it if given the chance.
They were almost spared the trouble. Early in his tenure, Ron Wolf toyed with the idea of changing the yellow in Green Bay's uniforms to gold. Fortunately good sense prevailed.

http://packerperspective.com/2012/07/11 ... hat-wasnt/
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

oldecapecod 11 wrote:Have we hit rock bottom with NFL uniforms?
by rhickok1109 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:44 pm
"I don't think we will have hit rock bottom until Nike finds a way to screw up the Packer uniforms. And, believe me, Nike can do it if given the chance."

I believe it is the franchise that must submit the request for change - not the manufacturer.
If so, thereby lies the power of the stalemate.
It would be interesting to see the contract between the goddess of victory and the no-fun people
and see if it states that free unifroms will be provided or can be provided. If it is can be, certainly some clubs
will opt not to sell out for the sake of a few thousans bucks in an era increasing the price of a cup of hot chocolate
by a dime would cover the expense.
What was that tune? Green, green everywhere...?
I hope that's true, because I don't think anyone in the Packer organization would want a Nike makeover. Of course, the time may be coming when Goodell can say to a team, "If you don't let Nike redesign your uniforms, you lose your first-round draft choices for the next three years."
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

Citizen wrote:
They were almost spared the trouble. Early in his tenure, Ron Wolf toyed with the idea of changing the yellow in Green Bay's uniforms to gold. Fortunately good sense prevailed.

http://packerperspective.com/2012/07/11 ... hat-wasnt/
Is that a joke? The Packer colors have been green and gold (not yellow) since 1950 and the color specified is Pantone PMS 1235-C, which is designated as gold in the Pantone color catalog.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Are you certain it's 1235? I work in graphic design/printing. That color seems a lot more orange-y than the Packers' gold/yellow.
oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

by ChrisBabcock » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:22 am
"Are you certain it's 1235? I work in graphic design/printing. That color seems a lot more orange-y than the Packers' gold/yellow."

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
I know I'm gettin' old and I thought my eyes had gone yesterday... or that the TV was suffering
from Florida fritz.
The Packers sure looked "orange-y" to me. I am glad I was not alone.
I kept thinking of Ralph's wish all through that game and just wanted to spend one day
away from Ms Toshiba.
(Anything this tempermental HAS to be female.. or a bored director?)
Plus... it seems they have fallen to the high gloss helmet goblin. BAH!!!
Meanwhile, someone mentioned that the Tampon Bay helmets were done with the color-changing paint.
NOT the ones they wore yesterday.
Last edited by oldecapecod11 on Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

ChrisBabcock wrote:Are you certain it's 1235? I work in graphic design/printing. That color seems a lot more orange-y than the Packers' gold/yellow.
This is from the FAQ on the Packer website:

What are the official color shades of the Packers?
Dark Green (PMS 5535-C), Gold (PMS 1235-C) and White

http://www.packers.com/fan-zone/faq.html

Post by 3243 »

ChrisBabcock wrote:Are you certain it's 1235? I work in graphic design/printing. That color seems a lot more orange-y than the Packers' gold/yellow.
It depends on the lighting and atmospheric conditions, of course.