Chances the Raiders go 0-16

Wendell02

Chances the Raiders go 0-16

Post by Wendell02 »

Their remaining home games are against the Chiefs, 49ers and Bills. They have road games at the Chargers, Rams, Chiefs and Broncos. Buffalo and St. Louis maybe. They also host the Chiefs on a Thursday night after the Chiefs host the Seahawks next Sunday.

Looking further ahead, if they do wind up with the No. 1 pick, will they spend it on Florida State's Jameis Winston or go in a different direction?
Rupert Patrick

Re: Chances the Raiders go 0-16

Post by Rupert Patrick »

Hard to say. On the other hand, If I were a betting man I would have bet the house on Pittsburgh to destroy the Jets yesterday. When a team is in the middle of a horrible season, you never know when they will have the one game where they put it all together and pull an upset. I think the Raiders will probably win a game this season, and as I have no faith in the organization, they will likely draft Winston with the first pick, and he will be another JaMarcus Russell.

I think the NFL should have a rule that if a team gets this bad for this long, the team should be required to bring Bill Parcells in to take over the organization for a couple years, give him free rein to clean house on the roster and the front office and take over the draft, and right the ship. I think Parcells could fix the Raiders and turn them into a .500 team in two years.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

The road game at St. Louis might be winnable. Also maybe the home game against Buffalo, assuming yesterday was the beginning of the Bills' annual 2nd half of the schedule implosion.
King Kong

Post by King Kong »

Wendell02 wrote: Looking further ahead, if they do wind up with the No. 1 pick, will they spend it on Florida State's Jameis Winston or go in a different direction?
If they do that, then I hope they trade Derek Carr to the Jets.
Byron

Post by Byron »

I think they pull out at least one game. They are playing hard and eventually the ball will bounce their way if they keep it up.
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

The Raiders have a much better chance of going 0-16 this year than any other NFL team.
Denis Crawford

Post by Denis Crawford »

If they do finish this season 0-16, that will be 22 consecutive losses. That is a typical Oakland 0-4 start from tying the 1976-1977 Tampa Bay Buccaneers mark of 26 consecutive losses. If that were to happen would this current edition of the Raiders be considered worst team of all time? This is an established team with over 50 years of history as opposed to an expansion team.

I would have to vote the Raiders worst ever if that comes to pass.
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

I think they can win a game, the 2007 Dolphins and the 1980 Saints are examples of teams that won their only victory of the season late on the year.

By the way, what about the 2008 Lions? IMHO they were worst than this year Raiders.

Post by 3243 »

(Man this season hurts.) I would keep Derek Carr (he's the only decent player we have) and I would definitely trade our first-round pick down for some extra picks. We need as many NFL-quality players as we can get. Also I don't trust Winston. I keep thinking he will be Son of JaMarcus Russell.
Jeremy Crowhurst

Post by Jeremy Crowhurst »

They're capable of beating anyone. Well... no, they're capable of collecting the "W" on any team that chooses to implode like the Steelers did against the Jets. Their best chance might be against Brock Osweiler and the dynamic receiving trio of Andre Caldwell, Wes Welker, and Jacob Tamme, when Peyton and the boys take a powder after the first possession of week seventeen.

Their defense isn't terrible. Their passing game isn't terrible. At some point all the blind squirrels will find enough acorns and they'll pull one out. I don't know who I'd compare them to, history-wise, but I don't think they (or the 2008 Lions, for that matter) make the bottom five all-time. Lots of very stinky teams have come away with a win or three.