Ram's owner unveils L.A. Stadium design

Ronfitch

Ram's owner unveils L.A. Stadium design

Post by Ronfitch »

"LOS ANGELES -- An NFL team owner has designed a Los Angeles-area stadium for two clubs -- with two home locker rooms, identical sets of office space and two owners' suites.

St. Louis Rams' owner Stan Kroenke doesn't need to partner with a second team to finance the $1.86-billion venue in Inglewood, but the league considers Los Angeles a two-team market and wants a stadium that could accommodate both, according to the Los Angeles Times.

His plan competes with one by the San Diego Chargers and Oakland Raiders, who want to share a stadium in Carson."

Entire read at:
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/stor ... geles-area
"Now, I want pizza." 
 - Ken Crippen
RichS

Re: Ram's owner unveils L.A. Stadium design

Post by RichS »

Does it seem odd we'd go how many years without a team in Los Angleles, then (if true) have the NFL push for two teams?

Seems forced, and maybe a mistake.
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

RichS wrote:Does it seem odd we'd go how many years without a team in Los Angleles, then (if true) have the NFL push for two teams?

Seems forced, and maybe a mistake.
Good ol' Roger is intent on getting the league revenue to double, and this will help give it a jump start. :roll:
74_75_78_79_

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

Let's DO access, that Los Angeles IS a sports (and certainly) a football town! But it's ALSO an EVERYTHING ELSE town as well! Remember the 4th Q of them Raider games (even if still competitive) the rich fans leaving to play a round of tennis before sundown? And other fans starting fights? Supposedly hardcore (who KNOWS basketball) Laker fan, Jack Nicolson, already has sold his season tickets after a few bad years with '2nd place' Lou Adler all but given up as well. There already has been 20 years without an LA franchise, and now maybe TWO?? Trying just ONE for now may be a start! And if it MUST be two...then why not one in LA, and the other in Anaheim?

And Chargers and Raiders? Really?? Is SD and Oak REALLY that unable to further support?

Why move to (or BACK to LA) if only to move back out again??
rockhawk

Post by rockhawk »

I like the idea of L.A. being back in the league. But I don't like this stadium design. I think it should be an open-air facility with natural grass. This is Southern California and with the exception of a few games the weather was always perfect.

I'd also like to see only one team move into the market. I think the Raiders are the most logical choice. The Chargers have and can make it work in San Diego. The same can be said for the Rams. However, the Raiders return to Oakland has been a disaster as it was a hasty move to begin with. Since the move they've become one of the NFL's least-valued franchises and more importantly they've become a losing franchise.
NWebster

Post by NWebster »

rockhawk wrote:I like the idea of L.A. being back in the league. But I don't like this stadium design. I think it should be an open-air facility with natural grass. This is Southern California and with the exception of a few games the weather was always perfect.

I'd also like to see only one team move into the market. I think the Raiders are the most logical choice. The Chargers have and can make it work in San Diego. The same can be said for the Rams. However, the Raiders return to Oakland has been a disaster as it was a hasty move to begin with. Since the move they've become one of the NFL's least-valued franchises and more importantly they've become a losing franchise.
I really agree on the open-air idea. As jealous as it makes a Philly guy feel, there was always a glow in my heart in the mid 80's tuning into a game in Jack Murphy, I knew I'd see an Air an Air Coryell shootout, knew I'd see the last game of the weekend (no Sunday night FB then), and knew I'd see sunshine on green grass, something I wouldn't see for a few months yeT. It was great, cali FB should be in the sunlight.

Coach?
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

NWebster wrote:
rockhawk wrote:I like the idea of L.A. being back in the league. But I don't like this stadium design. I think it should be an open-air facility with natural grass. This is Southern California and with the exception of a few games the weather was always perfect.

I really agree on the open-air idea. As jealous as it makes a Philly guy feel, there was always a glow in my heart in the mid 80's tuning into a game in Jack Murphy, I knew I'd see an Air an Air Coryell shootout, knew I'd see the last game of the weekend (no Sunday night FB then), and knew I'd see sunshine on green grass, something I wouldn't see for a few months yeT. It was great, cali FB should be in the sunlight.

Coach?
I agree. To me the best stadium site is this one in the city of IndustryImage
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

I'd also like to see only one team move into the market. I think the Raiders are the most logical choice.
All stadiums should be open-air with natural grass. Agreed on only one LA team and agree that the Raiders are the most logical choice - hate to see any city lose a team but Raiders moving back to LA (and bay area still has SF) is preferable to STL and/or SD losing their teams.
mwald

Post by mwald »

Most football people want open air stadiums. But modern economics and city/stadium politics around funding often result in these sterile, indoor convention-center type stadiums. Capitulation on the part of the owners is often the only way to get the bills passed.

Then you have people like Joe Robbie who built their own stadium.
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

mwald wrote:Most football people want open air stadiums. But modern economics and city/stadium politics around funding often result in these sterile, indoor convention-center type stadiums. Capitulation on the part of the owners is often the only way to get the bills passed.

Then you have people like Joe Robbie who built their own stadium.
Of course, you also have the rushed, sterile design of Cleveland Browns (or First Energy) Stadium. It's as basic as you can get, with nothing memorable about it. The fact that it's also a white elephant that is rarely ever used outside of the 10 football games every year is even more aggravating.