Dwayne Haskins

JeffreyMiller

Dwayne Haskins

Post by JeffreyMiller »

It is being reported that Haskins was killed when hit by a car in Florida ... I dont have details yet
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."
RichardBak

Re: Dwayne Haskins

Post by RichardBak »

Report says he was hit by a dump truck crossing a road about 6:30 this morning.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Trying to figure out why he was trying to cross an interstate ? Car broke down, not knowing where he was ? Pretty big guy for a dump truck driver to have not seen and reacted too ... Hope Haskins wasnt impaired beforehand ...
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

The great Gil Brandt got into a lot of trouble for bringing up Haskins maturity issues in a podcast that he had. Basically stating "he was living to die" I'm not sure if this kind of risky behavior was routine to Haskins off the field, but he sadly paid for it in Florida. Schefter too for stating that Haskins struggled to catch on at the NFL level (all true) when reporting on his death
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

Somewhat similar to the Donte Stallworth situation (in reverse), since Stallworth was the guy who hit a pedestrian (also on a Saturday morning) and he was impaired.
Mark

Post by Mark »

I have an issue with people saying he should simply be remembered as a person and complaining everyone only cares about him as an athlete. Other than his family and friends none of us would have any idea who he was if not for him being an athlete so of course his athletic career [good or bad] will be mentioned. My issue with Gil Brandt's is I didn't see Haskins in the same way he did though. He seemed to be sometimes immature but I thought his actions [that I was aware of] were tame compared to what others have done.
racepug

Post by racepug »

sheajets wrote:The great Gil Brandt got into a lot of trouble for bringing up Haskins maturity issues in a podcast that he had. Basically stating "he was living to die" I'm not sure if this kind of risky behavior was routine to Haskins off the field, but he sadly paid for it in Florida. Schefter too for stating that Haskins struggled to catch on at the NFL level (all true) when reporting on his death
He just made the "mistake" of voicing in such a public manner what a lot of people simply kept to themselves.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

You would think a young millionaire could get intoxicated and call a limo, cab or uber-lyft service but Haskins drove with a female companion, ran out of gas, left her with the vehicle and walked into danger. A preventable tragedy ...