Jimmy G, most fragile QB ever?

JohnH19

Re: Jimmy G, most fragile QB ever?

Post by JohnH19 »

Reaser wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:11 pm Buck Pierce, who to be fair played through a ton of injuries, which made it to where he had both the missed games because he was frequently injured but also was seemingly always injured even when he was actually playing. Lot of CFL QBs like that in the 21st century, but he always stood out to me in that regard. Which I've had that thought of Jimmy G, that he follows the path of a CFL QB in terms of injuries.
Good call, Matt! Buck was rarely healthy but he was effective and exciting when he was. I don’t know if he’s head coaching material but he’s doing a fine job as Winnipeg’s OC.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Despite a good career, Craig Morton was hurt alot as well. Steve Bartkowski too. Namath was hurt alot after taking that preseason shot from Naumoff with Detroit in 1971 ... Dante Pastorini was brittle as well, though he played with the flak jacket in the 1978 postseason that popularized the device and helped players immeasurably ...
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

JohnH19 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:41 pmI don’t know if he’s head coaching material but he’s doing a fine job as Winnipeg’s OC.
Seems to be the trajectory he's on.
Ronfitch

Post by Ronfitch »

Jay Z wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:59 pmLynn Dickey.
Either of Dickey’s ‘72 hip injury (fractured and dislocated) or the ‘77 broken leg (both tibia and fibula) would’ve been enough for many players to hang it up, I would guess. Came back to be one of the best QBs in the league from ‘80-‘85 with no mobility but his medium and long passes were incredible.
"Now, I want pizza." 
 - Ken Crippen
JameisBrownston

Post by JameisBrownston »

Of those mentioned, I think McMahon, Chandler, and Grossman were equal or maybe even stronger examples of this trope than Jimmy... at least he completed one season, and came close in another one. "Crystal Chandelier" is indeed one of the all-time nicknames. For McMahon though, his playstyle definitely put him in harm's way.
racepug

Post by racepug »

sheajets wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:29 am One guy I remember who was always always hurt seemingly was Chris Chandler. He was pretty good when he could get on the field. Never had a single season where he made more than 14 regular season starts
"Christal Chandelier" - :lol:
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

racepug wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:32 am
sheajets wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:29 am One guy I remember who was always always hurt seemingly was Chris Chandler. He was pretty good when he could get on the field. Never had a single season where he made more than 14 regular season starts
"Christal Chandelier" - :lol:
ha. Yep I remember that nickname becoming a thing back in the day (think it was even uttered a few times on NFL Primetime)
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Will Jimmy G get his job back for the Raiders? Once again after getting rid of a popular QB, Josh McDaniels gets fired in his second season with a team. Will he go back to NE? Would BB fire O'Brien this season?

Still, Mark Davis will be paying out alot of money ...
racepug

Post by racepug »

Brian wolf wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:04 pm Will Jimmy G get his job back for the Raiders? Once again after getting rid of a popular QB, Josh McDaniels gets fired in his second season with a team. Will he go back to NE? Would BB fire O'Brien this season?

Mark Davis has absolutely NO idea what he's doing (at least not as far as running his football team goes). But don't take MY word for it: https://sports.yahoo.com/ms-silver_oakl ... 11112.html
JohnR

Post by JohnR »

Brian wolf wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:04 pm Will Jimmy G get his job back for the Raiders? Once again after getting rid of a popular QB, Josh McDaniels gets fired in his second season with a team. Will he go back to NE? Would BB fire O'Brien this season?

Sounds like they are going forward without Jimmy.