Question on the 1972 Steelers who went to Franco Harris' tri

Gary Najman

Question on the 1972 Steelers who went to Franco Harris' tri

Post by Gary Najman »

[img]C:\Users\gary\Downloads\IMG_8939.JPG[/img]

I found this picture of the 1972 Steelers players who went to Franco Harris´tribute last Saturday Night, and I have a question about two players:

- Who's #54? Marv Kellum and Zack Valentine later wore that number.
- Is #24 J. T. Thomas? He came in 1973.

It´s nice to see some of the surviving teammates of Franco who were part of the Super Bowl championship teams (like HOFamers Joe Greene and Mel Blount, plus Jon Kolb, Gerry Mullins, Roy Gerela, Glen Edwards, Frenchy Fuqua, Frank Lewis, Gordon Gravelle and Ed Bradley) plus players who weren't in Pittsburgh by 1974 like Barry Pearson, Ralph Anderson, Lee Calland and Craig Hannneman.

NOTE: I can´t upload the image (I took it from Twitter). I would appreciate the help to share the photo.
Ronfitch

Re: Question on the 1972 Steelers who went to Franco Harris'

Post by Ronfitch »

Teo - it looks like you downloaded the image to your computer (C drive) already and tried to add it using the “Img” button from across the top of the text box.

Upload the image as an attachment from your computer using the “Upload Attachment” tab along the bottom of the text box. The caveat is that this forum limits the size of uploaded images to the 256k, which may have made sense in 1999 but makes no sense in 2022 (or 2010).

If the image that you downloaded is larger than 256k you need to reduce file size before uploading using something on your computer. Note that reducing file size does not mean reducing the dimensions, though that will contribute to reducing file size. Many images are high quality (which will print beautifully) and display well on screens. But screens do not require high quality, only 72dpi to look fine on-screen (which looks horrible if printed, very pixelated). So if the image is larger than 256k, first make a copy with 72dpi (web quality) and save as a jpeg. That will retain the quality for screens. If still too large for this forum, then perhaps reduce dimensions.

Below is an attachment I grabbed from somewhere online. It came from a news source and was already optimized for the web (52k) by the editors there.
Attachments
65973365-0DB0-4A8B-88E9-0AAB2497EC21.jpeg
65973365-0DB0-4A8B-88E9-0AAB2497EC21.jpeg (52.54 KiB) Viewed 1420 times
"Now, I want pizza." 
 - Ken Crippen